Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Water For Elephants

While I don't find Robert Pattinson to be the greatest actor of his generation (I admit that I am more Team Jacob,) the hype his new movie Water For Elephants did intrigue me.  However, being a avid reader, I can only assume the book will be better than the movie.  That means that I want to read it before I see the film. 

Sara Gruen does a great job recreating  Depression Era circus life.  Or at least as far as my limited knowledge of Depression Era circus life goes.  The story moves with so much fervor that I barely have time to eat my caramel apple before the story has pulled stakes and moved towns.  The characters are vivid, and the interactions within the menagerie and on the train are enthralling.  The recollections of Jacob as an old man tie the story together tightly.

I strongly recommend reading Water For Elephants and try to be immersed in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment