Monday, April 30, 2012

Finally finished...well, not really finished.

At long last, after all the procrastination, Baptism of Blood is finished.  Well the writing is at least.  Now it's on to the editing.

My first step is to let my favorite editor and critic read it.  My wife.  I want her to make sure that the whole manuscript doesn't sound like complete drivel.  I don't mind some drivel, but I hope to at least sound interesting.  Plus, I may have accidentally renamed a character or two.  That's so embarassing.  It's bad enough i do it to my kids.

Then I get to go back into it and play around.  Revising is the bane of my existence.  I am pretty sure that nothing I write is really that good, so I feel like I have to keep changing it until I find perfection.

But for now, I await Ashlee's edits.  She likes to play dirty because she won't tell me anything till she finishes it.  To make matters worse, she is simultaneously reading George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings.  I hope she doesn't compare me to him.   It will be worse than being compared to her college boyfriends. 

With a degree of luck and some hard work, I plan to finish up the editing and revisions by June.  Then it will be time to prepare for release.

No comments:

Post a Comment